|Department of Foreign Affair..|
The Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD), is seeking to recruit a senior consultant to work as a Financial Adviser (FA) for the Pakistan-Canada Debt-for-Education Conversion (DFEC) Initiative. Under the DFEC initiative. Pakistan's Provincial and Federal Education Departments are implementing approved programs to strengthen their respective teacher training using the proceeds generated by the conversion of Pakistan's official debt to Canada.
Financial Adviser's overall responsibilities will be:
1. Provide expert advice to provincial and federal education departments, and to DFATD on management, expenditure control and financial reporting related to the DFEC initiative.
2. Review the progress of the provincial and federal education authorities responsible for the expenditure of Canadian debt proceeds.
3. Review financial and progress reports, undertake periodic verification exercises and recommend corrective actions.
Only individuals meeting the following requirements need to apply:
Qualification: Fully qualified Chartered Accountant (CA), or ACMA. or MBA (Finance) from an HEC recognized University or a recognized foreign university.
1. At least 10 years of related work experience.
2.Knowledge of the education sector would be an asset.
3. Demonstrated ability to play a senior advisory role.
4. Expertise in the rules, regulations and standards that apply to public expenditure management control in Pakistan, including budgeting, accounting, contracting, procurement, reporting, auditing and intergovernmental financial transfers.
5. Knowledge and experience in budgeting, management and financial analysis.
6. Strong communication, analytical and writing skills in both English and Urdu
7. Experience of working on Debt conversion initiatives of a similar nature
The estimated level of effort is approximately 10 days per month until the completion of the final verification and evaluation activities under the DFEC initiative, which are anticipated to end by December 2017. The total level of effort for the assignment will be approximately 250 person days.
The FA will execute his/her functions in close coordination with an Education Adviser and a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Consultants) who are responsible for providing expert advice and monitoring services-related to the educational progress of the DFEC initiative. Regular traveling of the FA throughout Pakistan is to be expected. Consultant will be responsible for providing his/her own place of work.
Application and Selection Process: The application and selection process consists of the following steps:
i. Submission, via email, before 1600 hrs on Monday, November 09, 2015 of a covering letter (maximum two pages) and summary CV (maximum 3 pages) in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates must provide the names and contact details of three references including at least one from a previous employer,
ii. Short listed candidates will be invited for, an interview and submission of a financial bid and written exercise to assess their technical and analytical skills, and knowledge of the sector.
Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that telephone calls will not be entertained.