|Pakistan Merchantile Exchang..||Both|
|10 Years||Sat, 27-08-2016|
Pakistan Mercantile Exchange (PMEX) is the first demutualised future exchange in Pakistan, duly licensed by Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan with 100% institutional shareholding.
Since the beginning of its operations in 2007, it has been committed to providing a world-class futures trading platform, with its focus currently on trading facility in Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Wheat, Cotton, Sugar, Rice, Red Chilli etc. and it will soon be adding further commodities to its portfolio.
PMEX invites applications for the position of "Managing Director" at its Head Office based in Karachi. The position shall report to the Board of Directors.
Key Responsibilities & Functions:
1. Provide dynamic leadership and ensure overall implementation of plans and strategies for better governance of the Exchange, as approved by the Board of Directors.
2. Lead & Direct all operational activities for effective management of the exchange and induct "Entrepreneurial" approach in day to day operations.
3. Lead and provide strategic thrust towards enhancing the image & products (trading activities) of the Exchange.
4. Maintain excellent working relationship with corporates , various trading institutions and regulatory bodies, in Pakistan & Internationally.Represent PMEX in relevant forums, conferences and international meets.
5. Exercise disciplinary control over all functions, oversee financial management, enhance human resource capabilities for better functioning & administration of the Exchange.
6.Lead and enhance the Information Technology function & infrastructure of the Exchange.
7.Shape, develop and enhance the culture of the Exchange by inducting professionals with the right skills and attitude, and building a friendly working environment based on the spirit of teamwork and professionalism.
Qualification & Experience:
1. The ideal candidate should hold a Master's / Post Graduate degree, preferably in Business Administration, Chartered Accountancy, Law / Technology from a recognized institution.
2. Progressive and diversified experience of 10+ years in a senior management role, preferably with a financial institution.
3. Must have handled a "Business Unit/ Department Head" Position or similar and must have overseen all aspects of senior management inclusive of operational, marketing, financial, HR, and IT functions.
4.Individuals with proven management experience of the financial markets, commodity/ derivatives market would be preferred.
5. Background and understanding of legal and regulatory framework would be preferred.
6. Should have demonstrated critical competencies in four broad categories: Commitment to results, Business savvy, Leading Change and Motivating others.
7. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, beside strong quantitative and analytical skills.
Interested applicants may forward their CV's latest by September 3, 2016 to the following address:
Box No 81345 C/o Dawn Newspaper
Dr.Ziauddin Ahmed Road , Karachi.